We're trying something fun for our November meeting this year. A Show & Tell, Read & Sell party. Here are the ground rules:
For published authors:
- You can bring as many different books as you'd like to sell, but you can only read from one.
- Pick a scene that will whet the appetite of your fellow authors but that is short enough to allow everyone the opportunity to have a turn.
For unpublished authors:
We want you to be able to participate too! There are a few things you can do:
- Read a scene from your WIP. Bring printed copies of your scene for people to take notes and give you feedback if you'd like. (Max 5 double-spaced pages).
- Read a scene from your favorite book! Do you have a friend or writing partner who is published? You can showcase their book.
- Read a section from your favorite novel on writing craft. We can all learn something.
- Or just come and listen. :)
If you're willing to provide a book for our raffle, we might all go home with something new. :) Also, you can swap books with your friends as well as sell your own books.
This is a great way to Christmas shop early. Friends and family love to receive signed copies of fiction. So bring tons of $$ and a big book bag to get your purchases home.